- Institute of Medicine. Crossing the Quality Chasm: Establishing Aims for the 21st century Health Care System [monograph online]. Washington (DC): National Academy Press; 2001 [cited 2010 Jul 21].
Available from: www.nap.edu/openbook.php?isbn=0309072808.
- Health Quality Ontario: Quality Monitor 2012 Report on Ontario’s Health System [Internet]. 2012 [cited 2014 Jul 09]
Available from: http://www.hqontario.ca/portals/0/Documents/pr/qmonitor-full-report-2012-en.pdf
- Berwick DM. A Primer on Leading the Improvement of Systems. BMJ. 1996;312:619-622.
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement. The Breakthrough Series: IHI’s Collaborative Model for Achieving Breakthrough Improvement. Diabetes Spectrum. 2004;17(2):97-101.
- Field MJ, Lohr KN, editor. Clinical Practice Guidelines: Directions for a New Program. Institute of Medicine. Washington (DC): National Academy Press, 1990.
- Mainz J. Defining and classifying clinical indicators for quality improvement. International Journal for Quality in Health Care. 2003;15:523-530.
- Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners. Aiming for Excellence – An Assessment Tool for New Zealand General Practice. 3rd ed [monograph online]. New Zealand: Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP); 2009 [cited 2010 Jul 21].
Available from: www.rnzcgp.org.nz/assets/documents/CORNERSTONE/Aiming-for-Excellence-2009-including-record-review.pdf